Let’s talk about how real estate commissions work. A commission is basically a percentage of the sales price that is divided between the listing agent and the buyer’s agent. Commissions are normally paid for by the seller – and cover all the things that help the house sell fast . . . Things like signage, photography, and virtual tours. It also places the home in what’s called the MLS – or Multiple Listing Service. The MLS exposes your hundreds, maybe thousands, of other realtors who all have people looking for homes. All these realtor-provided services help your house sell faster – saving you thousands of dollars in bills and mortgage payments. Plus, by using a realtor, you’re likely to sell you home for much more than if you tried to sell it by yourself. When you look at it like that, paying a commission ends up actually making you money. At Rilio, we’re committed to making the home selling and buying process as fast, simple and easy as possible.
More about brad
- How much should I ask for my home?
- What are the best ways to promote my home?
- What can I do to help my house sell faster?
- What are the most valuable upgrades I can make?
- How do I get started with Rilio?
- How do commissions work?
- What’s My Option?
- How much money will I have to come up with to buy a house?
- O.K., so what does “earnest money,” “down payment,” and “closing costs” mean?
- When I find the home I want, how much should I offer?